Lafayette Res Run for Education
Lafayette Res Run for Education
Race Day: Sunday, October 24, 2021
Race Starting Location: On Mt. Diablo Blvd. at Oak Hill Road, Downtown Lafayette, California
Staggered Start Times for Race Day: 5k Certified Run 8:00am, 10k Certified Run 8:15am, 2mi run/walk 8:45am
On Site Race Day Registration Opens: 6:30am
Starting Line Warmup: 7:40am
Reservoir Challenge (Virtual Race): October 13-23, 2021
Support YOUR school.
Race packets that include our traditional long sleeve t-shirt (while supplies last) and race bib will be available for pickup at the Lafayette Chamber Office, 251 Lafayette Circle, Lafayette, CA [map it] on the following dates/times:
Race Packet Pickup:
• Monday, October 18, 2-6pm
• Tuesday, October 19, 9am-noon and 3-5pm
• Wednesday, October 20, 2-6pm
• Thursday, October 21, 9am-noon and 3-5pm
• Friday, October 22, 2-6pm
• Saturday, October 23, 8am-noon
The Lafayette Chamber and the City of Lafayette are co-sponsors of the Lafayette Res Run for Education which is traditionally held on a Sunday in October.
Pending any health guidelines, the 2021 Lafayette Res Run for Education will be held Sunday, October 24. 5k: 8am, 10k: 8:15am, 2 mile: 8:45am with the Reservoir Challenge “running” Oct. 13-23, 2021.
Beneficiaries of the event are the local schools and the services and programs of the Chamber. See below for what we gave back to our schools last year!
The Run is the city’s most popular “family affair”, involving kids, parents, grandparents, and hundreds of serious runners from throughout the Bay Area. Join us in 2021 for the 10k, 5k or the 2 mile run/walk for fun! Sprinters, walkers, the “stroller brigade” and many of Lafayette’s top four legged residents are welcome to join in the fun.
Race packets that include our traditional long sleeve t-shirt and race bib will be available mid October.
Unity In Diversity: The 2021 Res Run t-shirt design reflects Lafayette’s first mural, “Unity In Diversity,” which was painted on the eastern wall of the building located at the northwest corner of Mt. Diablo Blvd. and Oak Hill Road this past summer. The approximately 650 square foot mural was created by youth from Lamorinda and Oakland facilitated by Three Thirty Three Arts. Lamorinda resident Lara Dutto collaborated and brought to life Lafayette’s first public mural, one that feels welcoming to all cultures and colors. Three Thirty Three Arts designed the concept that is first and foremost a beautiful and inviting work of art, but one that a diverse population of people would appreciate. The design features flowers, Monarch butterflies, a panther and dragon. Watch a video about the mural at the bottom of this page. Learn more in press release here.
Support your school. Sign up now!
**Parking and fees are not included in registration price.
- 5k Certified Race – flat, “chip” timed course, runners only (NO Dogs or Baby Strollers). View Lafayette Reservoir Run 5k Map
- 10k Certified Race – hilly, “chip” timed course around the reservoir, Dogs on Leash & Baby Strollers OK. The 10k course is not recommended for athletes with disabilities. View Lafayette Reservoir Run 10k Map
- 2 Miles Run/Walk for Fun – No Timing – Fun Run ONLY, Dogs on Leash & Baby Strollers OK.
- Lafayette Reservoir Challenge, Oct. 13-23, Lafayette Reservoir
Race Course: 10k: Oak Hill Road to El Nido Ranch Road, around the Lafayette Reservoir and back. 5k or 2 mile DO NOT go around the Lafayette Reservoir.
Reservoir Challenge – Virtual Race: Back by popular demand, from its introduction last year, you can now register for the Reservoir Challenge – the virtual race which “runs” around the 2.7-mile paved trail of the Lafayette Reservoir October 13-23. Please note, the Reservoir Challenge is not an option on Sunday, October 24 as the Reservoir will be closed for the 10K runners. The Reservoir Challenge is great opportunity to safely walk or run the Reservoir on your own, perhaps beating your time from last year.
For Your Safety!
- In an effort to keep our community safe, we ask that everyone wears a mask unless they are actively running, eating or drinking.
- On race day, s-p-a-c-e o-u-t, do not crowd together at the starting line. Racers can line up the entire block from Oak Hill Road to Moraga Road. Remember, only the 10k and 5k are timed races, and timing starts only after you cross the starting line.
- NO Dogs or Baby Strollers in the 5K race.
- Please NO headphones/ear buds. We need you to be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- No skateboards, scooters, bikes or similar … it’s for our safety!
Groups: We encourage you to bring your team or group! We can provide a discount code for your group of 10 or more. Please contact Sara with your group name.
Road Closure Information: View Road Closure Map here.
Race Certified By: Road Running Technical Council USA Track & Field, Certification Code: CA15004GAN (5K) and CA15003GAN (10K)
Packet Pick-Up: Pickup your pre-assigned bib and t-shirt (only available while supplies last) at the Lafayette Chamber Office, 251 Lafayette Circle, Ste 150. Dates and times will be posted in October. Sunday pick-up will be near Starbucks starting at 6:30am.
Healthy Lifestyles Fair: Complimenting the run is our Healthy Lifestyles Fair. Stop by for treats, games and information from our fair vendors.
Parking Information: All meters will be in effect. Please note times on the meters. Parking is available FREE at the BART lots on race day, Sunday, October 24, 2021.
Giving Back to our Schools – in 2020 ResRun Reimagined was a HUGE success!
Special Thanks to
City of Lafayette and The Lafayette Police Department
Marquis T-Shirt Sponsor
Bowles & Verna LLP
Canyon Club Brewery
City of Lafayette
Concentric Wealth Management
Dudum Real Estate Group
Fresh Coat Restoration
Lafayette Car Wash & Detail Center
Lamorinda Tooth Buds
Lewis Asset Management
Minuteman Press Lafayette
Pacific Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital
Healthy Lifestyles Health Fair
7:30am-10:30am, Lafayette Circle (east side)
- Parent Volunteers
- Three Thirty Three Arts
- NCL Acalanes Chapter
- Pre-Race Warm Up by Unbound Training Co.'s Kelly Schwartz
- Live music with Bob Athayde
- Lafayette Juniors
- Emcee Tom Stack - Coldwell Banker Realty
- Bike Leads by Oakwood Athletic Club's Cyclists
- Reservoir Water Station by Boy Scout Troop 219
- Road closure assistance by Acalanes Key Club, Lamorinda CERT, and Lafayette Police
- Cheers by Acalanes Cheer and Campo Cheer!
- Sound by Generations in Jazz
- Pinnacle Apparel & Promotions
Interested in being a sponsor? View available opportunities here.