The Lafayette Chamber hosts a monthly social gathering “Mixer” for members, prospective members and other business people in the area who come as guests of Chamber members or staff. The benefit of hosting a mixer is the opportunity to network with other local business persons and more importantly, it brings footsteps through your door.
Mixers are held on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. The monthly mixer moves around to different Chamber member businesses on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested in hosting a mixer, call Barbara at the Chamber office at (925) 284-7404 to request open mixer dates. There is no mixer in August. A member of the mixer committee will be in touch with you to confirm the date you requested. Mixers are scheduled up to a year in advance.
January 23, 2019 – Bank of the West
February 27, 2019 – Harper Greer
March 27, 2019 – Radiance Family Wellness
April 24, 2019 – Philz Coffee
May 22, 2019 – Lafayette Police Station
June 26, 2019 – Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
July 18, 2019 – 7 Chamber Mega Mixer hosted by the Martinez Chamber at The Cobra Experience
August 2019 – No Mixer held this month
September 25, 2019 – Blodgett’s Abbey Carpet & Flooring
October 23, 2019 – Lafayette Partners in Education
November 20, 2019 – J.Mclaughlin
December 11, 2019 – Open, call to host!
Hosting a Mixer
The Chamber mixer is a great way to showcase your business, products and employees. Those attending the mixer are your captive audience … make the most of it! Service or product displays are certainly appropriate. Entertainment or music (not too loud) is a plus as long as it doesn’t interfere with the networking opportunities for the attendees. If your business or building lends itself to a tour, by all means go ahead and show off your facility and your business capabilities. You are also encouraged to invite your special clients and guests.
Hosting the “Holiday Mixer” (December)
If you host the Holiday Mixer, we will defray your costs by supplementing additional food provided by local restaurants and caterers. Holiday mixer (December) hours are extended to 7:30 pm and an entry fee of $10 is charged for chamber members (non-Lafayette Chamber members are charged $20) IF THREE (3) CANS OF CANNED OR PACKAGED GOODS ARE BROUGHT TO THE DECEMBER MIXER, THE ENTRY FEE IS WAIVED!!
Responsibilities of the Mixer Host
- Provide facilities for approximately 75 to 125 people, plus reception table & two chairs by the entrance and an additional 6 foot table that is used for the bar. People should be able to move about freely in order to enjoy the event. Please place garbage cans out for customers to use.
- Provide sodas, bottled water, ice for drinks, a minimum of two platters of hors d’oeuvres, napkins and paper plates for 75 to 100 people. Please try to use Chamber members to provide catering and services whenever possible.
- Any entertainment provided is at the host’s expense.
- The Chamber provides a full service bar (wine and beer only), along with set-up and clean-up staff. The Chamber set-up committee will arrive approximately 5:00 PM and stay to clean up the bar and reception area when the mixer ends. Any other cleanup is the responsibility of the host.
- The Chamber brings the sound system, additional tables (if needed) and name tags.
- The December Holiday Mixer provides local Lafayette chamber member restaurants and caterers the opportunity to showcase their business by providing additional food at this mixer.
- Chamber members and Ambassadors will staff the reception desk, bartend and sell raffle tickets.