In 2008, the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce created a GREEN Committee to assist and recognize Lafayette Businesses that are committed to adopting green practices.
Our goals include:
- Help businesses get well-deserved attention for their efforts
- Help residents more easily identify green businesses in our city
- Proposition for Businesses
The Lafayette Plastic Bag Ban went into effect on July 1, 2015. Learn More+
What You Can Do To Help
- Sign up to be a Lafayette Green Business and make a pledge to adopt “best practices.”
- Attend an orientation and training where you will receive information on how to become a BAY AREA GREEN BUSINESS and a Lafayette Green Business
- Share green practices that you’ve adopted so they can be listed on this Chamber Website
- Periodically share progress/challenges with the Chamber and its members
What You Get For Helping
- Free Training
- Free on-site audit
- Designated “green consultant” from our committee
- Assistance with certification process
- Receive information about new services & resources
- Free promotion by the Chamber through the website, local newspapers and newsletters
- “Lafayette Green Business” designation & logo/window sticker and virtual logo
Three Levels of Recognition
- “Pledged” – pledged to work on adopting green practices
- “Lafayette Green”- adopted an initial/basic set of green practices that show that you are on the way to becoming GREEN. This is not a certification!
- “Certified Green Business” – has adopted an advanced level of green practices and has been certified by the county’s BAY AREA GREEN BUSINESS PROGRAM.
All businesses that sign up are LAFAYETTE GREEN BUSINESS PARTNERS.
How to Sign Up
Fill out the Lafayette Green Business Application online along with the Lafayette Green Business Checklist
Please submit your Lafayette Green Business Application and Checklist to the chamber via fax or postal mail.
Bay Area Green Business Application
Lafayette Green Business Applicant Instructions
Lafayette Business Owners Green Brochure
Sustainability in Lafayette
Tips For How To Green Your Business
Water, Energy and Waste Information
Junk Mail Aug 08
4 Things to Look for When Choosing a Shredding Company
Water Saving Tips for Small Business
City of Lafayette
Bay Area Green Business Program
Sustainable Contra Costa