Since 2008, the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce’s GREEN Committee has recognized Lafayette businesses that are committed to adopting green practices and provided assistance to businesses interested in being more environmentally friendly.
The Lafayette Plastic Bag Ban went into effect on July 1, 2015. Learn More+
Our goals include:
- Help businesses get well-deserved attention for their efforts
- Help residents more easily identify green businesses in our city
What You Can Do To Help
- Sign up to be a Lafayette Green Business and make a pledge to adopt “best practices.”
- Attend an orientation and training where you will receive information on how to become a BAY AREA GREEN BUSINESS and a Lafayette Green Business
- Share green practices that you’ve adopted so they can be listed on this Chamber Website
- Periodically share progress/challenges with the Chamber and its members
What You Get For Helping
- Free Training
- Free on-site audit
- Designated “green consultant” from our committee
- Assistance with certification process
- Receive information about new services & resources
- Free promotion by the Chamber through the website, local newspapers and newsletters
- “Lafayette Green Business” designation & logo/window sticker and virtual logo
Three Levels of Recognition
- “Pledged” – pledged to work on adopting green practices
- “Lafayette Green”- adopted an initial/basic set of green practices that show that you are on the way to becoming GREEN. This is not a certification!
- “Certified Green Business” – has adopted an advanced level of green practices and has been certified by the county’s BAY AREA GREEN BUSINESS PROGRAM.
All businesses that sign up are LAFAYETTE GREEN BUSINESS PARTNERS.
The following businesses have completed the Lafayette Green Business Checklist:
Tutu’s Food & Drink
Diablo Valley Carpet Care
Friends Corner Book Shop
Hunsucker Goodstein PC
Lafayette Car Wash & Detail Center
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
The Rising Loafer Café and Bakery
Town Hall Theatre Company of Lafayette
Lafayette Veterans Memorial Center
How to Sign Up
Fill out the Lafayette Green Business Checklist. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.