Saturday, June 1, 2019 9:45am/10am-12noon, Downtown Lafayette
Dogtown Downtown in its 42nd year in dog years of course will have a slight twist this year. It’s the dog’s morning out! Please join us this Saturday as we showcase our downtown friendly streets. Stroll down Mt. Diablo Blvd. and surrounding streets with your downtown-friendly pooch! Dogs must be social, friendly and on leash at all times. Businesses will be open throughout downtown to greet you and perhaps offer treats!
Thank you to our 2019 Top Dog Sponsors to date who help make this event possible: Cobain Orthodontics and Republic Services. Interested in being a sponsor? View our opportunities.
9:45am: There will be a brief flag ceremony led by Mayor Anderson on Saturday, June 1, at 9:45 am, at the Lafayette Plaza, to raise the LGBTQ+ Pride Flag. Lafayette Plaza is located at the intersection of Mt. Diablo Blvd. and Moraga Road in Lafayette. You can read the Mayor’s Proclamation recognizing June as LGBTQ+ Pride Month in Lafayette here.
- Dogtown Village will be in the Bank of the West parking lot (3583 Mt. Diablo Blvd.) featuring:
- Games from Lafayette Park and Recreation
- Town Hall Theatre
- East Bay SPCA
- Contra Costa Animal Services
- Girl Scout Troop #33137 will have homemade Canine Cookies.
- Love Lafayette Dog Leashes will be for sale $5 at the Lafayette Chamber tent. Free poop bags available too.
- And don’t forget to take your picture in the Dog House!
- Bank of the West has kindly offered to collect donations during the week prior to and during the event. Please see most needed items here. On-line donation easier? Please visit: https://www.friendsofcontracostaanimalshelters.org/
- Hairy Ear Prints, Nor Sled Dog Rescue and Renewal by Anderson will be at the Corner of Oak Hill Road and Mt. Diablo Blvd. near Learning Express Toys and the Uncle Yu’s Parking Lot.
- ARF and Kind Snacks will be located near Farmyard Darlings and Cooperage. Early Alert Canines will be near Papillion in La Fiesta Square.
- Interim City Manager, Niroop Srivatsa will be do a doggie reading at 11am at Bel and Bunna’s Books.
The following businesses will be open and greeting our dog guests as they stroll by:
Art and Science of Eyewear
Early Alert Canines
Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery
Are you a dog-friendly business in downtown Lafayette? Let us know you want to participate by calling Sara Regan at (925) 284-7404 or contact her by email.