2020 Nomination Form
Thank you for nominating someone to be Lafayette’s Citizen of the Year. While completing this form, please provide as much information as possible to allow the selection committee to make the most informed decision possible. The selective committee may not know the person you are nominating, so please be descriptive in your answers.
Criteria for Lafayette’s Citizen of the Year are as follows:
- Must NOT be a current elected or paid member of any City Council, school board or commission.
- Must be a current Lafayette resident.
- Must be someone who has given of their time, money or energy to help make Lafayette a healthy community, where people will want to live, work and shop.
- Must be someone who models excellence in everything they do.
- Must be someone who brings this community together and/or makes us proud to be a member of the community.
Previous recipients: W.B. Ellis, Ralfe Miller, Margaret Bainbridge, Mel Nielsen, John R. Jacques, M.H. Stanley, C.R. Turner, Theron Nelson, William Zion, Stanford White, Jack Hageman, Lou Repetto, Jop Van Overveen, Vern Odegard, Jack Marchant, Donn Black, Charles Franklin, Chris Adams, John Kennedy, Clifford Feiler, James Lloyd, Boardman Moore, Robert Augenthaler, Percy Whitten, Barbara Bupp, Irene Graff, Ed Stokes, Robert Fisher, Ernie Marriner, Ken Clifford, Don Young, Irene Thomas, Ned Robinson, Alice Johnson, Hirsh Morton, Sue Cross, Tom Cleveland, Herb Joyce, Skid Thomas, Su Stauffer, Tom Courtright, Lynn Hiden, Avon Wilson, Bill Wakeman, Richard Holmes, Guy Atwood, Connie & Mike Collier, Judy Garvens, Anne Grodin, Ellen Peterson, Norma Evans, Robert Wood, Mary McCosker, Budd MacKenzie, Kathy Bowles, Ivor Samson, Gwen Watson, Judy Carney, Jeanne Ateljevich, Team Library, Karen Mulvaney, Gayle Uilkema, Greg Moeller, Toni McShane, Marechal Duncan, Tom Steuber, Dick & Robin Holt and Donovan Jenkins.
A celebration dinner will be held on Friday, March 13, 2020 at the Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa to honor the winner. The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday, January 31 at 1pm.