925-284-7404, Ext. 110
Sara Regan is at home in Lamorinda, although born and raised through high school in the Midwest, her family put down roots in Moraga in the late 80’s. She and her husband moved to Lafayette in 2000 to raise their own family and later relocated to Moraga. They have four active kids, now mostly young adults. She has spent many hours cheering in the bleachers around town, volunteering in classrooms, organizing team events, etc… Sara started at the Lafayette Chamber in 2014 and enjoys working with our membership, neighbors, community partners, friends, and school liaisons to promote local businesses and community events. She loves to travel any chance she gets. Read the December 7, 2022 Lamorinda Weekly article here.
925-284-7404, Ext. 113
925-284-7404, Ext. 115
Holly Sonne has been promoting Lafayette and supporting our nonprofit and business community as Communications Director at the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce since 2016. She invites you to visit Lafayette’s downtown and enjoy the many community events including the Lafayette Art & Wine Festival held in September. She is the mother of two students, resides in Lafayette, and hits the slopes as much as possible.
Ginny W. Quell
925-284-7404, Ext. 116
It has been a privilege to be apart of the Lafayette community for… too many years to count! I started my journey in Lafayette as a Teaching Artist at Town Hall Theatre and later served as the Director of Education. During my time at Town Hall I was very involved with community events, specifically Rotary and Chamber events such as the Lafayette Art & Wine, It’s A Wonderful Life, Concert at the Res. It was always a joy getting our students outside and giving the public a glimpse of what we were doing in our little barn! Shout out to my Town Hall Family, go see some live theatre! I spent several years prior to COVID working as the Program Manager for Performing Academy, working with our school districts, school administration, parents, and students creating opportunities on campuses to “tell a story”. I recently received my credential and currently pursuing my master’s degree from St. Mary’s College. And my very favorite tie to Lafayette is the meeting of my husband, current musician tech at Lamorinda Music! We married in 2019 on the stage at the Lafayette Reservoir! I am thrilled to be joining this hardworking team and look forward to supporting our members and connecting many times over!
Member Engagement Coordinator
925-284-7404, Ext. 117
AJ Glassman joins the chamber as the new membership engagement coordinator. He brings with him a background of working in startups in marketing and operations (if his face looks familiar, you may have previously seen him representing Local Kitchens at chamber events!). AJ is excited to join the Chamber of Commerce as a staff member because it combines his strong interests in small business/small enterprise, and his degree from UC Berkeley in City Planning.
2023 Board of Directors
- President: Rebecca Troxell, Rebecca’s Vault (Term 2023-2024)
- Vice President: Katie Santos, Katie Santos Consulting-Fitness HR (Term 2022-2023)
- Past President: Fred Steingraf, Edward Jones Financial (Term 2023-2024)
- Secretary: Kathy Merchant (Term 2022-2023)
- Treasurer: Caesar Perales, Caesar Perales*, CPA (Term 2023-2024)
- Dennis Garrison, Oakwood Athletic Club (Term 2022-2023)
- Chris Lane, Bank of the West (Term 2022-2023)
- John McCormick, Lamorinda Music (Term 2022-2023)
- Brian Aiello, Pinnacle Apparel & Promotions (Term 2022-2023)
- Christina Alba, Rivulet Chiropractic (Term 2023-2024)
- Nick Bozych, Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa (Term 2022-2023)
- Lily Dong, Lily Dong Photography (Term 2023-2024)
- Dennis Erokan, Consultant, Get Famous (Term 2023-2024)
- Travis Johnson, Dream Big Construction (Term 2023-2024)
- Aran Nafisi, Guaranteed Rate Affinity (Term 2023-2024)
- Matt Pease, Lafayette Rotary (Term 2022-2023)
- Jesse Wellen, Lafayette Car Wash & Detail Center (Term 2023-2024)
Directors at Large (Term 2023)
- Niroop Kasthuri Srivatsa, City Manager, City of Lafayette
- Don Tatzin, Community Representative, Lamorinda, State Senator Steve Glazer
- Dr. Brent Stephens, Lafayette School District
Chair, Kyle Sumner, Chambers & Chambers
- Chair, Stephanie McNabb, Primp Salon
- Diane Athanasiou, Volunteer
- David Benet, Mobility Matters
- Matt Boone, Dana Green Team
- Grace Dixon, Community Foundation of Lafayette
- Mike Hayes, Cross-Group Marketing and Networking
- Roberto Hernandez, New York Life
- Grant Krogius, New York Life
- Dennis Markam, Town Hall Theatre
- Jenn Mecham, Unbound Training Company
- Gian Panetta, MassMutual
- Ali Stoddard, Green Alley
- Brian Stranko, No-H2O Waterless Auto Detailing
To accomplish its many activities the Chamber has the following committees:
Art & Wine Committee
- Meets monthly from March through September to coordinate and produce the annual event.
- Volunteers and staff work together behind the scenes who ensure that every attendee has a positive festival experience. A lot goes into offering a truly exceptional event, and volunteers are the people who execute much of the hard work.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate regardless of one’s own specialty or service. It involves a large team effort and requires working the entire weekend of the event.
Budget & Finance Committee
- Consists of the incoming President, Treasurer, and the Executive Director.
- Prepares the annual budget for the board’s approval.
Business Issues/Governmental Affairs Committee
- Meets the fourth Friday of each month.
- Identifies issues that the Chamber will explore and consider making recommendations to the board for action
- Facilitates communications between the Chamber and governmental representatives/agencies.
- Provides representation at City Council and commission meetings.
- Develops pro-active, timely position statements on relevant issues on behalf of the Chamber.
- Implements community forums to promote dialogue on city issues impacting the business community
- Works on behalf of membership to encourage a positive, pro-business environment
Diversity, Equity, Inclusiveness and Belonging Committee
- Meets regularly to encourage the Chamber and its members to embrace DEI principles.
- Encourages business owners of underrepresented communities to apply to be Chamber members
- Seeks diversified set of candidates for Chamber Board and other leadership positions
- Educates Chamber members about the responsibilities and benefits of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in their businesses
- Consists of up to five members, including at least one member of the Executive Committee shall be appointed by the President.
- The Executive Director will serve as secretary with no voting privileges.
- Meetings start in June of each year.
- Charged with identifying members to serve as board member and encouraging nominations. Deliver a slate of candidates to the board.
- Recommend for approval of the board a slate of officers to serve as the Executive Committee.
- Officers of the Chamber Board.
- Meets on the first Tuesday of each month
- Nominated by the in-coming President and the Elections Committee.
- Made up of the President, Past President, Vice Presidents, Treasurer, Parliamentarian & Executive Director.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Direction level of the organization.
- Meets quarterly.
- Partners with the City of Lafayette (Environmental Task Force) and Sustainable Lafayette to provide the membership an understanding of what’s important and guidelines to protect resources and be more socially responsible.
- Develops new programs to assist local businesses in being more environmentally friendly.
- Committee co-chaired by the Membership Engagement Coordinator.
- Directs recruitment and retention of Chamber members
- Develops and monitors member services and benefits
Reservoir Run Committee
- Made up of school representatives and staff that meet from August to October monthly to coordinate, promote and produce the annual Reservoir Run.
- Coordinate school and community volunteers to facilitate this event.
Taste of Lafayette Committee
- Meets semiweekly in March through May to help staff with outreach and marketing of the tasting stroll.
- Coordinates with the Lafayette Community Foundation and our local restaurants to host the annual restaurant tour.